Monday, September 29, 2014

Waiting

Psalm 27:14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Waiting is hard.  No answers while you are waiting is hard.

I have no patience, so waiting, to me, is even harder.  I am a worrier, so having no answers is stressful for me.

I have come through a time of waiting concerning jobs.  My full time job fired me over something they had approved of me doing and I didn't have a back up plan in place yet.  I was left with a part time job that is 3 hours a week paying once a month.  I live by myself and pay my bills and 3 hours a week wasn't going to cut it.  I thought about taking jobs like waiting tables or something similar but my parents kept telling me to wait and see if something better came along.

I am so glad I listened to them. I put an application in that I really didn't know what I was getting into. The position I applied for was working a customer service desk.  What I got was an opportunity to not only work a  desk but to counsel all different types of nutrition (which happens to be my Bachelor's Degree).

A few weeks before I lost my full time job, I made a list of what I wanted my life to look like.  With this new job and a little bit of work almost all of those things on my list are being checked off.

Waiting is hard.  But the good things are worth the wait.


What are you waiting on?

No comments:

Post a Comment