Monday, January 6, 2014

Cravings

So one of my New Year's Resolutions was to completely give up soda.  Today is day 6 that I have been soda free, but this morning on my way to work I was hit with an incredible craving for a Diet Dr Pepper that has not gone away four hours later.

  I will not get one, but it got me to thinking.  What if I craved time with the Lord like I did Diet Dr Pepper?  How much more effective could I be in life?

 For my devotions I will be starting Made to Crave for the second or third time through. It is a wonderful book that has so many good points which this blog will probably hear about.

Here in the last few weeks, things have been working out just like I needed them to, which is wonderful, except that it moved me to a place of complacency when it comes to my relationship with Jesus.  I know that He is responsible for everything working out, and I am grateful and then I kinda just left Him hanging, which is so wrong of me. I would get mad at a friend if they did me that way, how can I even think about doing that to the most important person in my life? But that is exactly what I did.  So with the beginning of the new year, I am making it a point to spend more effort in craving more of Jesus.

What are you craving today?

No comments:

Post a Comment