Monday, January 20, 2014

Wonderfully Made

My favorite verse is Psalm 139:14. It says I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.    

I love the thought that God took the time to make us individually.  The whole chapter talks about how God made us and put thought into how we would look and act.  He knows exactly where we are  all the time.  He knows our every thought, the nice and the not-so-nice ones ( I know I am not the only one who has them!)  He knows what people say to hurt us and what we say to hurt others.

He knew what we would look like because He made us that way. He knew that I would have blue eyes, brown hair, strong legs, and my momma's nose.  He knew that I would be missing a front tooth and skin that tends to break out easily or dry out or freak out for no apparent reason.  He knew I would be clumsy and would need strong bones so I didn't end up broke in a million pieces.  He knew I would tend to gain weight if I am not extremely careful and have an obsession with chocolate that must be controlled or I will be big as a barn.  He knew I would take family and friends very seriously and cannot stand people who lie, cheat or steal to get what they want.

He knew all these things about me, because He made me this way.  I have been dealing with back trouble for the last week pretty badly and have been hating my fat rolls alot more lately than normal, and I am trying to accept that some of these things I can change and some I can't.  But He knew I would be like this and He wants me to rely Him to know best and take care of me the best I can.

That means being easy on back and eating to keep my weight down and limiting the chocolate.  It means surrounding myself with people who make me feel better about myself and encourage me when I am down. It means being the best version of me and not trying to copy people I admire and trying to be them.  It means not worrying about the people who try to imitate me just annoy me.  It means immersing myself in Scripture and prayer until my thoughts are only on pure things.

Be the you He created you to be and trust Him to fill in the gaps and weaknesses you think you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment