Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year's Resolutions (or lack of)

I have mixed feelings about New Year's Resolutions.  It seems like a lot of pressure to put on yourself only to fail and stop doing whatever you said you were going to do, and then you feel awful about yourself for quitting and you fall back into bad habits or start doing something worse.  I really only have two resolutions that I have to do everyday. They are give up soda completely and to make my bed up everyday.  I know they are simple but I need simple.

That being said, while I don't have many resolutions for the New Year, I do have goals that I want to accomplish in this next year.  I am going to sit down soon and write each of these goals down and how to accomplish them.  This is not an exhaustive list, because I think as people we should always be looking to improve ourselves.  But here is the rough draft of goals for 2014.

1) To start my Master's in Psychology.
2) To lose at least 20 more pounds and get extremely healthy.
3) To spend more time on this blog. This blog has become an outlet for me and I feel mentally and spiritually healthier. I hope to incorporate physically with that in the next year also.
4) To be more financially responsible.  I am not the best with finances and realizing that I want to put more effort into being more responsible.
5) To sew about 90% of my clothes in the next year. I love to sew and I have wonderful fabrics just waiting to be used and that keeps me from shopping as much.
6) To find an outlet where I get to help people, whether it be volunteering or an actual job.
7) To start up an Etsy store.  I love the crafty things but could never use them all myself and I think that would be a great way to make a little extra income.


That is what I have had floating in my head. I may think of others later and hopefully I can sit down later and expound on each of these.

What New Year's Resolutions or Goals do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment