Tuesday, March 25, 2014

One Day At a Time

I am at work and it is snowing again! The last few weeks I have had this feeling like I wasn't doing enough with my life that actually mattered.  I whined at my mom about it and I whined to another friend who was sweet enough to listen to me while dealing with her own struggles.

But then I thought, this whining will get me nowhere.  All I was doing was having a pity party waiting for someone to just drop something in my lap that I thought mattered. Then it hit me.  No one is going to just "drop" something in my lap.  I have to pray and find it and then work for it.

Well that sent me into a new round of anxiety about how I had to find my purpose or calling and get it done that week and plan my whole life around for the next fifty years. And that doesn't really make sense either.

My pastor preached Sunday about taking one day at a time, and how we don't have to hold the burdens from the past and the future at the same time we hold the present.  I have realized, I have a few great ideas that may all come into one sometime in the future, but I don't have to get everything done today.  I need to work on these goals a little by little and accomplish them one day at a time.

I don't need to keep beating myself up for the regrets of my past (and let's face it, who doesn't have at least one?) or driving myself crazy over my future.  He already has it planned out.  All I have to do is seek His face and trust Him to have it all under control and finish the goals He placed before me for today.

I hope everyone has a safe snow day and that you can stay at home where you can be cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment