Monday, March 31, 2014

Intentional Living

I was reading an e book on organization sometime last week, and it asked the question what do you want your life to look like?  I have pondered on this question since I read it and have been writing down things I want my life to look like, but the one theme I keep coming up with is intentional.

I want to live with a purpose and clear goals.  I want to feel like I am pleasing God and my life is making a difference to someone. I want a challenge in life, not just to sit at a desk and do the same thing every week.

I have a picture in my head where I can work at the school four days a week (because that is all they go) and work from home in my home office/craft room the rest of the time.  I would come home to a wonderful family and be able to take care of them.  I would be able to teach them from Scripture and see them grow up and have families of their own.

I hadn't realized that this was my dream until I was asked what I wanted my life to look like. I kinda always had the picture in the back of my mind but it wasn't clear until this past week, but now I know what my dreams are I can work on making them come true.

The only problem I have with my dreams is making sure it's God's Will for my life. I am praying about them but I never quite know for sure.  I tend to think I wouldn't have them if He hadn't put them there, but then again it could be a distraction from the other side.  I think God will give me what I need as long as I follow Him and try to live intentional.  I really don't want to live just floating by letting life pass me by while I sit in an office working on trip reports week after week.

How do you live intentionally? What would your dream life look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment