Monday, September 16, 2013

For Such a Time as This

For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?  Esther 4:14

In this passage, Mordecai was trying to convince Esther to enter the kings house to save the Jews, using the reasoning that Esther was put on this earth right then and there in that place for that exact purpose.

 I was at a leadership conference this weekend and in one of the messages, the speaker said, "If God had wanted you back in the day with the great preachers, like Wigglesworth and Izuzu Street Revival, He would have made sure you would were born back then, but God put you on this earth here and now for such a time as this."

I have been thinking about this statement all weekend, especially as it pertains to some of the things happening in my life right now.  It was confirmation that I am doing the right thing with starting up the group Priceless.  I was here to witness to the lost I know around me, because no one else can do it exactly like I can. I was put here to help encourage the widowed, fatherless, and hurting around me.

God has put everyone on this planet where they are for a purpose.  Our job is to figure out what that purpose is and the follow the leading on how to fulfill that purpose.

We don't need to be wishing we could be somewhere else or in a different time, because you are perfectly timed.

No comments:

Post a Comment