Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Recipe Update

I was going to take pictures, I really was, but when I went to take the pictures, my batteries were dead and I had no extras. So batteries are on the grocery list this week.

Recipe number 1 (and the most important) : Spinach dip.  It was amazing and I am still eating on the leftovers.  Kaitlyn absolutely loved it, as did another friend that came over Sunday night.  I couldn't find one recipe I liked for spinach dip.  I found several that sounded ok and decided to just mix them.  My recipe came out including:
16 oz sour cream
approx 1 cup mayo
a tub of Parmesan cheese
10 oz frozen spinach
1 can artichoke hearts
1 packet dry leek soup.

I put everything in the crockpot and let it heat and melt together and dipped chips right in.

Kaitlyn and I did a lot of talking so it took us a few minutes to get started, but when we did, it was magic.   I got told I looked like a witch doctor mixing potions.  We made shampoo, conditioner rinse, face scrub, and body scrub.  I wish I could tell you what was in each of them, but I am horrible at measuring and I just pour things together that sound good and keep pouring until it looks right.   I do this with all my cooking too.

Kaitlyn said she absolutely loved it and she was having to hide it from her husband too.  She managed to get a meeting with some people she works with for me to explain why I started making these kinds of things and to try to sell some.  She go the meeting and then she told me about it and surprised me!  But it could work out, I am just nervous.

Later that Day, I did get to see someone very special and I have picture of that so here you go!
Me and Kloe in Dr. McKloe's house

Hope everyone has a wonderful fall-like day!

No comments:

Post a Comment