Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tunesday Tuesday

Music has always been a part of my life one way or another. I have listened to just about every genre. I have noticed lately how different my mood and attitude is with each genre I listen to.

For example, when I listen to rock I am normally angry or get that way very soon. When in listen to rap, I get disgusted with what people call music and the lack of morals of the artists. (I never listen to rap unless it is on in a store I am in and I leave very quickly). This also happens when I listen to pop "music".

When I listen to Christian, whether it be Southern Gospel or praise and worship, I am reminded of God's goodness and grace and His love for me. Here lately I have made a commitment to only listen to Christian music when I control the dial. I realize stores and other people's vehicles I don't have control over.

I like songs that remind me of what being a Christian really means. That is one reason I really like Casting Crowns song -Jesus, Friend of Sinners. Like alot of their songs, it reminds me that even though we are Christians, we are no better than the lost of the world. That Jesus loved them and was their friend and that works so much better than just judging and condemning them. We only "show what we are against, not what we are for, when we judge the wounded."

No comments:

Post a Comment