Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day Twenty

I cannot believe I lasted this long!  Normally when I start lists like this I forget everything I was going to say about halfway through and I am the one who forgot to write it down in the first place! Haha Oh well, Life happens right? Right.


So now on to the thankfulness part of the post. I am thankful that I get to be a part of the nursing home ministries at our church.  The younger people of the church went to an assisted living  last night like we do every month.  Because it is November we sang songs about Thanksgiving and how blessed we are and things like that.  While we were singing, I watched the people that were listening to us.  They were singing right along with us and several of them told us how blessed they were, especially by us coming.

 Most of them are in wheel chairs and have to have CNA's do everything for them, but they still considered themselves blessed to be there and have heat and food.  I love talking to them afterwards.  One sweet lady called me beautiful, but to me she is gorgeous.  She always seems to enjoy our singing, and she is always smiling and laughing when we talk to her.

Anyway, everyone have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment