Monday, October 7, 2013

Being Held By Mercy

Psalm 94:17-18
17 Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
18 When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up.

There have been many times I have felt like my soul was in silence. I feel lost and despondant and no one can help you out of that situation.  The only help I can get is from time and prayer with the Lord. Here lately I have had alot of stress and hurt, and I find myself wanting to get angry and bitter and when I do my soul will dwell in silence again.  I don't want this to happen at all. It's not a good place to be.

There have been many times I have slipped and failed God and others.  The only reason I am the person I am today is because of the mercy of  God.  When I feel myself falling, it's only His mercy that keeps me from completely crashing.  I have a picture in my head of someone falling over a cliff and the Lord catching me at just the last minute, so perfectly like it was in the movies or something.  It's Monday and nothing seems to be going right today and I feel like going back home to bed and shutting the world out, and today I need His mercy to hold me up. This past week dealing with things, I feel like I have messed everything up I go to do.  I feel alone because I am single and the people who hurt me are happy.  I feel like I am not worthy of mercy. None of us are worthy of mercy, which is exactly why we need it.  Yesterday, in church, I gave the hurt, anger, bitterness, and unforgiveness to God, and immediately felt His mercy surround me. I felt like I was being hugged tightly and it was healing my wounds from years ago to today.  I am not completely ok but I am healing.  I don't know what I would do without His mercy helping me.

Ok it's rainy and wet, which may be a little cause for the depressing note, but go have a cup of hot tea and read a good book and I am going to get to work.  Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment