Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Update on Moving (or Lack of)

So I really wanted to get on here this morning and tell everyone what great progress I had made on packing my house and how I was ready to move in 11 days, but I got home and was so tired I sat down for a few minutes, then cleaned out a closet (some reason I am doing better with the closets right now), and went and got supper.

 After supper I got a text from a friend saying she was taking her baby girl to the ER because she was running a real high fever, and she asked me if I would come sit with her (to keep mommy calm, baby was great even though she didn't feel good). So I got in the car and went.

 We have been friends for ten years and have been there for each other through alot. She knows that I am a Christian, and what a great way to witness to her than with an act of love, by just being there.  She told me I was the only one she could call to come sit with her. We need to be on the lookout for opportunities to witness.  This wasn't really convenient for me, my friend and her baby are so much more important than packing "stuff."

 With this move, I will be alot closer to her and will get to babysit her two kids more often and see her more.  Turns out baby is fine. The fever could either be from an ongoing ear infection or from teething, but it was coming down as we were leaving.

Then I came home and talked to a different friend up until about 11 (which is really late for me now), and then he texted me first thing this morning.  Monday was not great, but it is turning out to be a really good week.
Hope everyone is having a great week! Happy Hump day!


                                        Here is the sweet girl a few weeks ago, feeling great!

No comments:

Post a Comment