Monday, October 21, 2013

Remembering the Refuge

Psalm 46:1

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

David said this while he was going through trials.  He said it with no question, that God IS our refuge, not that He might be sometimes, but He is ALWAYS our refuge.

So many times we forget what a refuge we have, I know I do. I tend to worry about things I can't change or do anything about and if I would just go hide under the refuge and leave my worry outside, I would be so much better off.  God wants us to use Him as a refuge and so many times we don't go to the one place where we can find help.

I am guilty of coming to Him as a last resort, when I really know if I would take it to Him first, I wouldn't end up hurt or frustrated or angry with whatever situation it is. I am really trying to live under the refuge and look to Him for help at the first sign of trouble.

People often don't have a problem standing in line for a meal, or a sale at a store, but they often won't go to the place to get the help they need spiritually. They also act embarrassed by the fact that they need help, when it really is as natural as filling the car up with gas. Life drains us, and we need to run to the refuge to recharge.

Remember who is your refuge and have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment